Albanian-American Development Foundation (AADF) was created in 2009 by the Albanian-American Enterprise Fund with the support and encouragement of United States Agency for International Development and the United States Government. The mission of AADF is to facilitate the development of a sustainable private sector economy and a democratic society in Albania. As part of the Education sector portfolio, AADF approved in 2017 the formation of the “Center for School Leadership” (CSL).
CSL was established in 2018 as a cooperative effort of AADF and the Ministry of Education, Sport and Youth (MoESY). The Center serves three core purposes: To develop university -based school leadership preparation programs for aspiring principals; to support ongoing professional development of in-service principals and assistant principals, and third, to administer a principal certification process and exam. The Center’s goal is to provide all Albanian schools with leaders who develop positive school environments and lead high quality education programs. AADF is committed to financially supporting the Center for the next eight years.
The Center aims to:
- Develop, support and monitor compulsory principal preparation programs for principals;
- Oversea a principal certification process;
- Collaborate with educational institutions in Albania to improve school leadership policy and standards;
- Periodically assess training and professional development needs of school principals;
- Lead high quality research on school leadership development and school improvement;
- Develop projects that support quality service delivery across pre-higher education institutions in Albania;
- Facilitate collaboration with similar international institutions.
We seek a dynamic Executive Director to lead the Center in collaboration with its professional board, staff, university affiliates and international experts.
The Executive Director of the CSL is responsible for the overall management on a day to day basis of the institution which includes management and coordination of the programmatic, financial, legal and any other aspects of its activity.
Mission, policy and strategic planning
- Promote throughout the country the values and mission of the Center
- Effectively develop and implement strategic planning for the Center
- Establish short, mid and long-range goals for CSL in accordance with its values and mission
- Draft with key stakeholder’s policy recommendations for school leadership and administration
- Facilitate collaborative discussions with the Ministry of Education, Sports and Youth and other education officials and groups
- Advocate, lobby, network with, and influence, senior individuals, policy makers to achieve a pre-defined outcome
- Provide creative and innovative approaches in developing new initiatives that contribute building new sustainable partnerships with relevant stakeholders
- Serves as chief spokesperson for CSL, assuring proper representation in the media and community.
- Oversee all CSL staff and activities to assures a smoothly functioning and efficient organization
- Provide leadership to develop and motivate team members to sustain high performance, through effective challenge, prioritization support, learning and development support, career planning and performance management
- Identify and address challenges and opportunities
- Liaise with stakeholders
Financial, Legal Management
- Oversee budgeting, reporting and auditing in an efficient and timely matter
- Uphold human resource and financial rules and standards
- Seek to diversity funding resources for short and long-term goals
- Assure compliance with relevant laws and regulations
- Protect against fraud and financial abuse
- Led quarterly CSL Board meetings in accordance with meeting requirements
- Facilitating positive and respectful discussions and negotiations on important topics
- Keep CSL’s Board of Directors informed of decisions and changes
PROFESSIONAL KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- A post-graduate degree, preferably in education, leadership or a closely related field
- At least 3 years’ experience leading a center or organization
- Project management experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Excellent command of the English Language
- Extensive knowledge of education system in Albania
Strong preferences given to candidates with
- Experience working with public sector, institutions, most preferably education institutions
- Strong understandings of professional preparation development in Education
Please reference the job title and send a Curriculum Vitae and a Motivation Letter detailing relevant knowledge and experience and interest in the position to the following address: [email protected]
Applications will be accepted only electronically and should not be dropped off at the office. All applicants will receive a confirmation that their electronic submission was received. However, only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The deadline for applications is March 30, 2020.